Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... Another "must have" is IrfanView. ...
Yep on that one, very handy little program.
Plus another big yep on the GIMP. It's full featured - probably won't use many of the features (same with Adobe).
Most of my basic photo tweaking is handled by KolourPaint, also an open source program. (I'm running Linux though)

I recently downloaded and began using GIMP. It is fairly powerful but easy to use. The best part was it was FREE! The downfall is the support, as it is Open Source. Still all-in-all a great package and rivals Adobe Photoshop without the high cost.

scuba-x:
I recently downloaded and began using GIMP. It is fairly powerful but easy to use. The best part was it was FREE! The downfall is the support, as it is Open Source. Still all-in-all a great package and rivals Adobe Photoshop without the high cost.
The GIMP is a full-featured tool, more features than any individual photographer needs. While support is ... well, it is a free, open source tool ... there are some books available that'll tell you how to do most of what you want.

Now if only I could find a RAW converter for my Oly SP-350 for GIMP....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom