Sola Tech 600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Monarch_15w

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey Guys
I know it is another light thread but I have been looking for a good review of the Sola Tech 600. I am looking at getting a new primary light for a while now. I want something compact yet have a good long through. I have been doing more diving in Bonne Terre Mo in the mine and have been moving up on the trails. They allow smaller lights as the further you go. I have the Sola 800 and like it a lot. However I am now looking for a new tech light since the Sola 800 only has a 12 degree spot light and the light doesn't travel that far. For close up the light it is awsome. From what i have read the Tech 600 has a 8 degree beam. I haven't been able to find hardly any reviews on the light out there. My LDS is a Light and Motion dealer but doesn't want to stock the light so I can look at it before i purchase it. I guess I may have to buy it then return it so I can see the differences my self. I was thinking about getting in to tech diving and was wanting a light I can use for a cross over from Rec to Tech. This light by specs is lighter then the Fin 700 and 1200 and i love the size and handle of my Sola 800. Have any of you seen or used the Tech 600? I would love any advise you guys may have. You all have been very helpful before.

Thanks Dan

So. I guess by the views and no replies that no one out there has used the Sola Tech 600 from light and motion?

I've been using the Tech Sola for a little over a year. Just bought a second as a back up for cave diving. Highly recommend the light.

i'm new to this, but isn't 3hrs at 600lm a little fast and dim for that price? the DRIS claims 1klm and up to 5hrs burn time for less than $100, and many around scuba board seem to love it. you could get one as a primary, then two more for backups, and still not even half of what you'll spend on the Sola tech. OR, you could check out that canister light and Andrew is selling that performs about like the DRIS light but with a tighter beam, still way cheaper, still with many positive user reviews. When I tried a sola light recently during my cavern training I liked it, but shopping around I can't see any reason to buy one new. just my .02

Last edited:
..... I was thinking about getting in to tech diving and was wanting a light I can use for a cross over from Rec to Tech. ...

If that is what you are thinking, you better get yourself a canister light, espeically for that kind of money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom