For Sale SOLD Slob knob... Anyone? Cleaning out the junk drawer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd offer $10 - I'm in upstate NY and often forget to turn on my air. I always remember before I splash (always from shore) but I'm old and stiff and have to take my backpack/harness off to get at the knob. Since I dive solo I don't have a buddy to turn it on for me.
Sold to you. Thank you. Invoice sent.

24" slob knob..
I've been diving 20+ years and even cave 1 certified.

Thank you for teaching me something new that I never heard of before !!!

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear someone open to the idea that there are still things to learn in scuba. Funny as that may sound... I'm sure you've heard those divers that think they know it all... LOL. Cheers. --c

the slob knob was developed by brett gillam in the 80s if memory serves me

I'm so glad to have it. Never even imagined that something like this existed. I have a bad habit of waiting till the last minute before turning on my air because I have AI and the transmitter searches antime it finds pressure - running the battery.

It's not usually a problem because I almost always remember before walking in from shore. But it is a pita to de-gear to turn on the air - I'm old and stiff and often can reach the valve knob but don't have the strength (in that position) to turn it.

The "slob knob" will solve that problem and probably get me to remember to turn the air on before I splash - like tying a string around your finger - I'll see it and remember. Anyway, I'm considering it another redundant feature - lol.

Thank you diverintheflesh.

there were draw back with it , great history lesson but I would think twice about using it , for the most part I wont allow it on my tech courses ..........

It can be put on a single tank valve too

I just looked at my tank valves and can't figure out how this thing is going to attach to a single tank valve. It seems like something is missing. Can you tell me how it attaches to a single tank valve?

Edit below:

As Emily Latella so often said on SNL "Never mind". Diverintheflesh explained it and it was so easy - once I found out I had the ends reversed. Whoops. :banghead:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom