Solo Skills

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, not to sound like a broken record or re-hash the obvious, my suggestion to you is to dive dive dive dive dive dive dive dive. Practice skills in the ow enviroment you plan to dive. Doff and don, and mask skills, reg recovery, valve drills are easy in a pool, try that in 80fsw and low vis and now you are building learned behavior that you can rely on. Just IMHO
Eric

Just a different perspective, but maybe think of having the skills you need before considering going solo. A solo diver is a self sufficient diver (and I also think it makes a better dive buddy). I think you would want to have the skills, equipment, and the experiance to where YOU are comfortable being independant. That means you alone have the responsibility to get a good plan, stick to it, and be fully able to adapt to whatever Mr. Murphy throws your way.

Back
Top Bottom