Soloman Islands Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivePartner1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know of any dive ops/resorts to recommend? Do they exist?

We're looking at the chain in the South Pacific, not the Chesapeake.

The very best resort in the Solomans is Uepi Island resort. (www.uepi.com). This place is very special - about 20 is a full house, diving is some of the best you'll find in the world and the island is one of the most unspoilt spots left in the the world.

If you want TV,radio, room service etc, this place is not for you. No cars, no phones, no outside world. If you want natural, beautiful, great diving, exceptional food - then this is your place. You pay for everything upfront, so it seems to cost a little more - but once you've paid for your trip, there's little to spend your $$ on.

Drop me line on cbimages@ceinternet.com.au if you'd like any more info on this wonderful place. But do it soon - as I'm off there again in mid September for my 12th trip since 2000!

Now I've found paradise, I need look no further!

cheers

Carol

DivePartner1:
Anyone know of any dive ops/resorts to recommend? Do they exist?

We're looking at the chain in the South Pacific, not the Chesapeake.

Fathoms Magazine has written a few articles about the diving in the soloman islands. I believe they used the bilikiki liveaboard for there trips. Seems like some really pristine diving conditions, its just the act of getting there that would scare me away. Thirty-six hours (each way from LAX) in the coach section of an airplane does not seem like much fun to me. Here are the web addresses for the magazine and the liveaboard.
www.fathomspub.com
www.bilikiki.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom