Solomons, Maui, Channel Islands galleries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

segal3

Reaction score
(Semi-long, with interspersed photos and gallery links)

Haven't posted here in awhile, but figured everyone appreciated some new photos for viewing :)...

Solomon Islands, Canon 10-22

With school finishing this last week (save for a few finals), I took some time to complete the last of my photo editing and an entire website rebuild (note updated galleries have a *). This was a backlog that went all the way to the beginning of last summer, when I returned from two weeks in the Solomon Islands.

Solomon Islands, Canon 100+1.4xTC+500D, Canon 10-22

My recent wide work has involved the Tokina 10-17mm fisheye...which I received in early December after two months on the waiting list. Definitely an enjoyable lens (and with a notably different feel from the Canon 10-22), even if I usually end up staying at the wide end.

Anacapa Island, Tokina 10-17

I had the good fortune to travel again to Maui over Thanksgiving - and I must say that each time I visit, I encounter a species that I've never photographed before (this time, harlequin shrimp, and yes, I know the sponge crab below is not a harlequin shrimp :p).

Maui, Hawaii, Canon 60

Interspersed, trips to the local Channel Islands - Anacapa, San Miguel, Santa Cruz, Catalina, and Santa Rosa.

Santa Cruz, Tokina 10-17

I'm not sure how my piecemeal editing affects the style or intention of each of the final galleries, but they're done - for now. :wink:

I know it may seem like an onslaught of photos, and maybe it's too much all at once. But I would definitely appreciate feedback/critique/questions. Thanks and enjoy. :D

Very nice, Matt. I'm always a sucker for a diver in a hole with a Sunburst coming through. Great use of lighting.

Beautiful, Matt! Can't believe you made us wait that long! ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom