Some better than others

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cherinere

Contributor
Reaction score
I watched my sons dive class the other night and had to hold back laughing as I watched a new instructor teaching his two student his version of the basics . This consisted of the poor woman putting water in their mask and keeping it there while he talked and told them to stay calm and breath thru their mouths.
He went on to describe how like babies they must forget nose breathing and just use mouths. The two women starting talking near me when it was over and one thought this was cruel and if this was what it was like she wanted no part of it. Me being the big mouth that I am just laugh before telling them that this might seem unusual to them, but the instructor was doing them a big favor by his different tech. I told them when you are 60 ft down under you have to be prepared for the unexpected and if you don't know how to handle it you could hurt yourself or your buddy. Personally I thought it was great, he wasn't just teaching the basics but reality of a situation that could very well happen. Maybe it was something that would of been better taught in a later class but I wish more instructors would add things they have experienced to help better prepare their students for life underwater. There could be something beside the books standards of teaching that could be said or taught that might save a life. To all good instructors my hats of to you it can't be easy. Cher

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom