some help with hose config on my first stage. pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitro91

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi so far i have been diving with the hoses in this way exactly:
65lwU.jpg

the bottom part with the transmitter is all high pressure ports, and on the top with the three other hoses are low pressure, there is 5 LP ports.

v4z43.jpg
here is another angle^
in the first image which is the way i usually have it, the second stage is on an angle so some of the hoses stick out. maybe i should have the first stage horizontal like this in the second pic.

CpdgI.jpg

Maybe i could have the first stage like this? with it being vertically down, hoses would have to be changed a bit. but i don't think the low pressure inflator hose would reach to my inflator.

they are xs scuba tri-metal regs, about 50-60 dives so far. and the transmitter is for suunto computer. they protrude out when they are on my back on a tank, and someone said they should be configured a different way, say im going into an overhead environment it could be dangerous.

Are you diving a long hose primary and bungied back-up?
From your question I suspect not.

If you are diving traditional set-up I wouldn't use the end port and would have it rigged "upside down" like the last picture.
If you plan to use a 6-7' primary the last picture is the exact way to rig it utilizing the end port.

Agree with Fishpie. ( sounds strange to say that:D). The 5th port IS the bottom port. And your pics are why I don't like transmitters and hose less AI computers. That is too tempting a target IMO for some nimrod to grab and use to lift the tank/BC set up. That inflator hose looks like a DSS hose and it will reach. The long hose coming off the bottom routs so nice and clean down along your right side. Every HOG reg I sell that gets assembled for the customer is set up the way you have yours in the bottom pic. Move the inflator and octo hoses so that they are opposite each other with the octo coming over your right shoulder and inflator over the left. Again this is if you are using a long hose. Otherwise don;t use the 5th port. And if you plan on doing overheads - get rid of the transmitter and put a standard spg on that thing.

haha i love my wrist computer too much, but if/when i start tech diving, i will reconsider to hosed spgs.
It is a DSS lp inflator hose and occy+primary are both standard, no 7' hose.

I shall re-route and have the first stage vertical, and not use the 5th bottom port.

thanks guys

By the way, another question, with the occy, so far, i have just had it come under my right arm and into an occy holder. One of those yellow silicone ones hanging off a d-ring on my harness. Is there a better way to store that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom