Some photos from 07/31

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsafanda

Contributor
Reaction score
We had some very nice dives on The Sanctuary yesterday. We dove North Cypress and Local's Ledge. It was one of those days where the camera equipment was fighting me. A dead grip battery meant I had limited exposure control. I was playing with some new manual focus rings on the second dive but a strong current had its way with me. The result...nothing great but perhaps just a few worth sharing.

Can anyone identify the anemone for me?

I'm no expert, but it's a rose anemone, Urticina lofotensis.

Love the egg yolk jelly. I've got some pictures of those myself. I was at Point Lobos both days this last weekend, and on Saturday, they were all over the place!

Edit: Oh, btw Dan, I still have your line!

Ishie:
Edit: Oh, btw Dan, I still have your line!

Yeah, I've gotta line on you too. :eyebrow: Hope it worked out for you. We had a lil discussion about clip lines on the way home, and now my daughter KNOWS why I clip off everything (fins, mask, bc/kit, ponies/stages) when on the little boats. I'm glad everything worked out OK. You can use the knots and bolt clip as a template. You're going to need at least 3.

LOL, I like to provide a living example. Ah well, any landing you can walk away from, right?

Yeah, before I take the yak out next time, I'm going to decorate it with so many clips and bolt snaps, it'll look like a little dive shop Xmas tree. I'm also going to bone up on my anchoring technique. I like the kelp clips, but trying to get in and out of the yak when you're in the kelp is a PITA, plus it makes those hanging lines hard to spot, needle in a haystack thing.

Gorgeous dives though. Despite risking my face in the process, I got some trick shots of those egg-yolk jellies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom