Some tips & advice please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

liquid_nomad

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi all,

I am considering purchasing one of the HD video cams that are on the market with a housing and maybe a light or set of lights for the set up. Can anyone advise me on what should I be looking for (and what to stay away from) as far as the camera, housing and light/s are concerned. I have some experience in taking still pictures and limited experience in u/w video on an old, housed camcorder and the new(ish) HD cameras have caught my attention. Can I manage fairly well without lights? My passion is mainly with macro subjects but not limited to this when on video.

Any advice or tips will be appreciated.

Thanks.

There are so many choices, but all comes to the common denominator , how much do you want to spend. If you're interested in macro, sen having lights is a must, this conclusion is based on what I've learned from this site. If you do more search on this site you'll find a lot of info.
Good luck
Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom