Some unusual dives on the CBBT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don Burke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I took two hardy souls out to the the CBBT and we hooked the Yancy wreckage. That was as dark as I have seen it. Lights were no help when we swam into a layer of black water and felt our way down to some bridge decking.

After that dive, I planted a buoy and did some depthfinder searching for the #2 survey tower foundation. Nothong was obvious. I did not have the heart to put my victims down for another dark and nasty dive, so we headed for the fourth island.

On the way, Ramez wanted to take a look at Nine Foot Shoal, so I went beyond the fourth island and set the hook for a shell gathering dive. We were just north of the shallowest part of the shoal.

We hit the fourth island on the way back, partially to wait out a thunderstorm that was pounding Virginia Beach, then went home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom