Somebody knows Naigani Resort in Fiji?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nclspin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello to everybody.

I would like to ask if somebody knows the people from Naigani Resort in Fiji. We booked few days with them and did the payment at the beginning of this month, the day 8th of March they send us a short email about that they have the money in their account because we were waiting for a reply, but thats all, we are trying since then to get a invoice but we still without answer.

We send them several emails and me and my friends are starting to think that something is wrong with that. The point is that we got their email (naigani@nonnect.com.fj) from another source because their website form wasn't working, but even their bank account was with the name of the resort,....., but you never know

Is just to check if that can be normal or something weird is happening in that place.

Thank you very much

Well, don't know them, but, as you likely know, email can be kind of iffy sometimes in that part of the world.
It's a tiny island. Places like that sometimes have no svc for days.
I can easily access their website. Could always call, they have Skype, but then that needs internet too.

Can try: sales@naiganiresort.com [who knows how the email addr you ref'ed is handled?]
or the following info
Phone: +679 3312 433
Fax: +679 3301 880
Mobile: +679 995 7302

Phone: +679 6030 613
Fax: +679 6030 614
Mobile: +679 995 7301

Well, don't know them, but, as you likely know, email can be kind of iffy sometimes in that part of the world.
It's a tiny island. Places like that sometimes have no svc for days.
I can easily access their website. Could always call, they have Skype, but then that needs internet too.

Can try: sales@naiganiresort.com [who knows how the email addr you ref'ed is handled?]
or the following info
Phone: +679 3312 433
Fax: +679 3301 880
Mobile: +679 995 7302

Phone: +679 6030 613
Fax: +679 6030 614
Mobile: +679 995 7301

I tried already the phone numbers, but are nor working or who knows, maybe is Solomon Telecom fault, happens sometimes, anyway i found out what happens finally, or i think so....

Few days ago i sent a email from my account and my friends coming with me sent a email asking for information, they received a fast reply but not me.., then i guess i made a lot of questions when i was booking and make them unconfortable, (my experience in dive centers where i've been working is showing me how that is happening more often that we are thinking)

The other friends send them a email asking them for the invoice and they received it without problems.

I will write a post here and in one spanish magazine about this trip, but of course, that situation doesn't means anything, i know could happen for a lot of things, lets see how is our experience with them over there.

Thank you

Hi Nclspin. Right now Fiji is an utter mess. Electics are down.water supplies down etc etc. They have been hit with the worst flooding in 15 years this week.
They are about to get hit with another cyclone within the hour.
I'm not saying you are wrong just giving you a heads up that things aren't good there at the moment.
They are kinda used to the situation so things get fixed pretty fast. Try again in a few days would be my advice.

Hi
I know the Naigani people well and work with them regularly.
I have forwarded your comments to them and I will check you get a reply.
All is well on Naigani and they have not been affected by the rain. The issue may be the local transport links. These are very difficult at the moment but this should be resolved in a week.
There have been power cuts all over Fiji so it is not huge surprise if electronic communications are disrupted.

When is your trip booked for?

Please let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers
Greg

Hi
I know the Naigani people well and work with them regularly.
I have forwarded your comments to them and I will check you get a reply.
All is well on Naigani and they have not been affected by the rain. The issue may be the local transport links. These are very difficult at the moment but this should be resolved in a week.
There have been power cuts all over Fiji so it is not huge surprise if electronic communications are disrupted.

When is your trip booked for?

Please let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers
Greg

Thank you very much for your reply, finally our friends receive the invoice (not me). I guess they had problems with the communication or who knows, but the important part is that we have the confirmation.
We were starting to think bad because we got their email address through another source, because is not appearing in the website and the booking form is failing (at least to us). But not problem with them and not problem at all. We will upload our experience over there in few months.

Cheers

My wife and I are actually going to Naigani May 5th to may 19th We have not had any problems with the communication with them. It did take a few days for replys but I just figured they were on "Island Time"

We are planning on Skyping them next week to get all the final details settled, like how we get from Nadi to the Nassouri Jetty and on to the water taxi but the way that I look at it it's going to be an adventure!

When are you going to be there? Would be great to meet and dive with some other Scuba Boarders!

In any case enjoy your trip!

Michael

My wife and I are actually going to Naigani May 5th to may 19th We have not had any problems with the communication with them. It did take a few days for replys but I just figured they were on "Island Time"

We are planning on Skyping them next week to get all the final details settled, like how we get from Nadi to the Nassouri Jetty and on to the water taxi but the way that I look at it it's going to be an adventure!

When are you going to be there? Would be great to meet and dive with some other Scuba Boarders!

In any case enjoy your trip!

Michael

Would be really nice to meet with you over there, but our arrival date is gonna be mid July.
Good Luck and enjoy it, i would love if you can send me your impressions of that place.
Regards and thank you very much.

JAM

My wife and I spent a couple of weeks at Naigani back in October. Before going we had some problems with communications with them and while there it was not unusual to not be able to get online for a couple days at a time.

While there we were happy with the accommodations and VERY happy with the food as well.

Their dive op was a mess for most of the time that we were there as the dive master left the island to see his wife off on a plane...............and never came back. Since that time they have hired a new dive master and from what I hear he is working out pretty well. During our stay they scrounged around and finally got a DM to come over for a few days so i could get some dives in. The dive sites were OUTSTANDING, and that is in spite of the fact that we didnt get a chance to get to a couple of the best sites due to some weather and boat problems.

The Island is beautiful!

They had just gotten all new rental gear when we were there and it looked like good stuff, but I have my own.

If the DM is still working out you should have a great time and get some reallllly good diving in.

I will be traveling there in a few weeks with my wife for our honeymoon. We are very excited to go and just relax in the water. We are uncertain of what things we should bring to make the stay more enjoyable, any recommendations? We will be there for two weeks from jan 5 to the 19th. Is there anything that we must see? I will be trying to get some dives in but my wife is just a snorkler (for now). Please let me know any information you might have picked up along the way to make our stay the most enjoyable one yet. We are in our early 30's and very active so anything outdoors would be great and traveling to other islands would be great too if someone has a good story to share. we want to make the most out of this trip. thanks in advance Mike...

Back
Top Bottom