Sony a65

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The A77, A65 and NEX-7 all have the same APS-C sensor and all have great image quality. I have not seen a housing announced for the A77 and the only housing announced for the A65 that I am aware of is from Ikelite. With the NEX-7 you can find several housing choices. The A77 and A65 Alpha lens mount have excellent lens choices for macro and wide angle. The NEX-7 has far less choices in lenses at this time.

I have yet to use or test an Ikelite housing so you would need to ask others in regard to the ups and downs of the Ikelite choice.

I own Alpha mount lenses and would love to review this system with the Ikelite equipment.

Phil Rudin

I'm using the A55 in an Ike housing with Ike Strobes and am very happy with it, I see only positives in using the A65.

While many people have different opinions, for me personally I really like the full liveview (not having to use the viewfinder) and the Ike TTL system is fantastic for Macro. Of course you can always look through the hole, and switch the TTL to manual if you prefer.

All the pictures taken in the last 10 months ("Photos" gallery link is in the info box on left) have been with the A55.

Thanks Phil & Jeff for your responses which both contained some excellent information. We are looking at Ikelite housing and if we go that route I will definitely give feedback. We still need to decide on single or double strobe and acrylic or glass domes. Our next dive trip isn't planned until December but we will be practicing in our pool over the summer & perhaps doing some dives in Lake Ontario. We have looked into getting the NEX-7, A65 or A77 & have decided on the A65.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom