Sony Corner? SL960D strobe for P-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IaDiverJ&L

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anybody ever tried the SL960D Strob for and Sony pocket cameras with the marine pack underwater? I kind of miss the Sony Corner! The SL960D seems to be a good price for under $300.
:crafty:

Has anyone tried this combination? I also have a Sony P10 with the Sony Marine Pack udnerwater housing.

The SL960D seems like a decent flash, and the price is quite appealing for a digital camera flash (just a few years ago, the price seems to have been much higher).

Is the flash "bulky" when swimming?

Thanks.

I have the SL960D and have taken it on a total of four dives. I was afraid it would be bulky, but no, other than making my camera positively buoyant, I hardly notice it. As for whether it is a decent flash, I'm still on the low end of the learning curve.

Well, I got the strobe with my camera and it worked fine. Yes, it did make everything more bouyant, but I taped the fiber-optic link cable to the housing, adjusted the preflash (2 worked) and dove.

Now, I want to look for an "adapter" to the SL frame to hold the fiber-optic cable instead of taping the cable. Anyone jerry-rig such a contraption? The SL bracket is not compatible with the Sony housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom