Sony Cybershot and Marine pack for newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leapfrog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am not an avid photographer on land and I have never used a camera underwater. Now I want to get an easy to use camera for taking shots of marine life and students and divers so they have a take home memento.

I'm a big Sony fan (I got one of the first VAIO notebooks when they came out) and I want something that's compact, slim and easy to use both in an out of the water with the minmum need for additional lighting and so on.

There are so many models... I would like some advice. Thanks in advance.

(If your advice is "get another brand", please refrain from posting)

+ 1 for CyberShots in the Marine Pack.

I've had good luck with mine ... even w/o strobe light.

As a long time Sony/Marine Pack user, I can not recommend them. Why, the Sony color balance function just does not work correctly underwater. The pictures will always come out to green. Now you can look on my profile/web page and my web page for hundreds of examples, all the later ones are with a Sony DSC-P150.

I recently switched over to an Olympus and could not be more pleased with the color balance. I actually get blues nows, previously it would take some color shifting to get that with my Sony.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom