Sony DSCW80 Outfit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tdash911

Registered
Reaction score
I need help. I am a new diver and stole my wife's Sony camera and bought the Sony housing for it. Now after my first outing in salt water all is blue Which strobe would you reccommend. Inon 2000 or maybe a Sea & Sea YS 110. Also is an Ikelite housing better than a Sony. Thank You. T

I have a Sony DSC-W80 also. I just ordered the underwater housing for it so I have yet to try it out. I'd like to know about the "blue" pictures too. Did you try different settings? Hopefully someone who knows a little more will chime in.

Mayor: Thanks for the help. I am using the camera and understand that it seems OK but I need a external strobe. I am looking at the inon and the ys110. I want to buy a better strobe and work and learn with that rig for a while before I invest more $$$. Thanks T

Helloo McHenry, IL !!! My work place town sort of....Make sure the strobe you get is one that can handle upgrades. I bought the Ikelite DS51 because you can use TTL with it, giving you the chance to grow as you upgrade, (and you will upgrade)

Thanks Chick I went for my Advanced open water with a Photo elective at Pearl Lake this this weekend what a joke. I need to win the lottery so I can move where the water is clear. T

There is another post in here regarding the YS110 and optical fiber. Not sure what your camera is but if you are going to be using an optical fiber... get the Inon. Now, after you get your strobe and you start using it, you are going to realize... hey I need a second strobe because I am getting shadows. Shell out another 500 bucks and you will be in business. Underwater photography is very addictive and very expensive. Except the fact and all will be well. This crap is specialized and you aren't gong to find it at any big boxes, so get ready to bend over. They won't use vaseline and it will probably be dipped in sand. How's that for sugar coating?

Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom