sony marine pack mpk-m8 will it fit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YOUDUKE

New
Reaction score
I have a sony digital handycam dcr-trv340 and was wondering if it will fit in the sony mpk-m8 marine pack. I cant find any info on it anywhere. thanks.

YOUDUKE:
I have a sony digital handycam dcr-trv340 and was wondering if it will fit in the sony mpk-m8 marine pack. I cant find any info on it anywhere. thanks.

The answer i NO, MPK-M8 was made only for SONY CCD M8U the first 8MM camcorder made by SONY in late '70's or early '80's. to convert this housing for mechanical controls would a big challange and I think you'd better off buying one designed for your camcorder.
If you want to use the housing you can find on e-bay for around $100 a SONY CCD M8U, but be advised that this videocamcorder is for recording only, if your dcr-trv-340 is DIG8 you'll be able to playback the tapes or you'll need the Video8 VCR that was sold with the camcorder.
I hope that this will help you,
Paul

What Paul said...

Also the viewfinder on your camcorder wouldn't line up correctly with the MPK-M8, so even if you wanted to seal & go, you wouldn't be able to see what you were filming.

Generally Sony includes a reference to what cameras fit in the model designation, so MPK-TR is for the TR series 8mm/HI8 cameras, the current MPK-DVF7 is for Sony DVD(and some DV) cameras etc.

YOUDUKE:
I suggest you "google" it - you will have so much information, you won't believe! :14:

Back
Top Bottom