Sony P10 and the MPK PHA Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Goat Show

Registered
Reaction score
Sony no longer carries the mpk pha housing for the Sony P10. However, they carry the housing for virtually every other of their "older" digital cameras. Does anyone know if this housing has had problems? Or the reason why Sony does not sell the housing anymore? I was considering purchasing the housing through someone else but am skeptical about how good the housing is if Sony does not even sell it anymore.
Email responses from Sony have been absolutely worthless and they will not answer why they longer carry the housing.

Lastly, will the Sony P10 take decent pictures?
Thanks

I found it still on sale at my "local" internetshop (www.pixmania.com)...
I like the pictures I get with mine both above and below water (my avatar and the pics in my gallery were taken with it). When the pictures end up bad...well...lets just say it´d be unfair to blame the camera...

You can get some really good photos with that setup in shallow depths. And good ones deeper with additional light.

Travis

I had no problems with the housing. However I did not enjoy taking u/w photos with the P10 as it is quite limited regarding manual settings. Playing with the flash level and EV is as about as much I could do. Needless to say when my P10 was stolen I wasn't too heartbroken.

MPK-PHA housings are still listed in a search on Froogle. The housing is fine, I have an older one for a DSC P-5 camera too. I use the fluorescent light white balance and that seems to help with underwater pictures. I just tried it with a wide angle adapter and was quite pleased with the results.

The P-10 is somewhat limited by its sparse manual control selection, but the size and price are good.

Back
Top Bottom