Sony RX100 adds on (flip diopter and angle lens)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coralgirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,
I recently purchased the i-das m67 swing adapter. It is a cheaper option to the Nauticam or the subsee flip adapter.

I also bought the uwl-05 wide angle lens. I will do the review on the wide angle lens later.

Here is the review Vidoe of the i-das swing adaptor. Enjoy
https://vimeo.com/62541629

[video=vimeo;62541629]https://vimeo.com/62541629[/video]

[vimoe]62541629[/vimoe]

That's pretty nifty. Thanks for the review.

What's it made of? Would love if you could review it again after using it for a while.

That looks pretty interesting. I have the Saga flip mount for my housing (Nauticam), but haven't tried it on my housing yet. I like the way that mounts a lot better. With the Saga, there's a ring you have to install with pins (according to the instructions).

What's it made of? Would love if you could review it again after using it for a while.
I believe it is made from alumunium. It has simpler mechanism compare to the nauticam or subsee that flips out. The up and down swing mechanism should still be working for years to come.

Fantastic much cheaper. We have these in Oz now going to order one.
i-das made simmilar adapter for the canon g series, but it has square back mount to suit the canon housing lens port. Make sure you got the m67 to m67 lens adapter.

If you cannot find one from your local store you can buy one from ebay. I found one being sold on ebay, the seller is located in hong kong.

I Das M67 Swing Wet Lens Adaptor Mounts for M67 Thread M67 Lens | eBay

Looks rough but effective
Personally I do not like flip diopters as now you can't attach a wide angle lens. The inon lens you show in the clip threads very well on the Nauticam housing I do not see it that cumbersome to take it on and off and park it on a lens holder
For the wide angle different story

Looks rough but effective
Personally I do not like flip diopters as now you can't attach a wide angle lens. The inon lens you show in the clip threads very well on the Nauticam housing I do not see it that cumbersome to take it on and off and park it on a lens holder
For the wide angle different story

I have tried the swing adopter with Inon & subsee +10 stacked and the swing adapter with UWL-05. It seems ok, but I have not try it underwater yet. The only thing that I did not like about the UWL-05 and the swing adaptor combo, with the adaptor on you need to zoom in to make the vignette gone from your picture. It is due to the additional 1cm distance between the lens and the port. With no adaptor no vignette. It is~20mm (w/ swing adaptor) vs ~12mm (without adaptor). I have made a video on it, but I have maxed out my weekly upload. I got the free vimoe account. I will post next week.

At that distance it is not just vignette it will be a case if soft corners and blur
I am not sure if the fact you can use both is worth loosing quality and field of view on wide angle
A lens caddy and bayonet mounts do wonder...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom