Sony RX100 adds on (flip diopter and angle lens)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good video.
A few comments:
  • Usually you loose some % as the magnification of 0.4x is the stand alone lens that does not mean you get exactly 0.4xlens focal lenght, besides this is not exactly a rectilinear lens so it is hard to make those calculations
  • You should never stack a strong diopter over a weaker diopter but the other way around (not possible in this case as the subsee can't have anything screwed on top) so if you have +10 and +6 the +10 has to go in first for best optical quality.
  • You need to check the working distance at +16 as the focus point may be inside the lens
  • This all thing looks very heavy outside water I guess in water will be lighter
  • The additional gap of the adapter will most likely get you a soft image and blur in corners, you should test that in a pool or in the bathtub as you may find that it is not just the vignette but also poor optical quality to be a problem and you will need to give up the idea for the wide angle entirely. Someone already tried and failed with the Inon UWL-H100 with dome

I have used the inon on the swing adapter and the subsee on the swing adapter on my recent trip to donggala. I have also tried the UWL 05 but without the swing adapter, i did not like the vignetting with the adpter I need to zoom in.

I will post the result later. The diopter does not give soft corners.

I droped my UWL 05 on the boat, luckly i have my cover on and it was un scracth. But the adapter thread from 52mm to 67mm on the beck of the UWL 05 is damage (banded inward) but i still can screw it in.

My gopro 3 went kaput on me, it won't turn on. Bad luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The soft corner would have been with the wide angle on the iDas, anyway 1.7x zoom is 50mm. There is no point having a fisheye lens at 50mm

I am in the process of changing the only M67 lenses I have to LD bayonet and I will put a post on about pro and cons of M67 vs bayonet mounts especially for heavy lenses this is something to consider

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom