Sony RX100 - Master compilation thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some sample photos taken with the RX100, as requested.

RX 100, Nauticam Housing, 2x S&S YS-D1, Inon H100 & Dome

RX100, Nauticam Housing, 2x S&S YS-D1, Inon H100 & Dome

RX100, Nauticam Housing, 2x S&S YS-D1, No Wet Lens, 10% crop

RX100, Nauticam Housing, 2x S&S YS-D1, Subses +10 Diopter, Minor Cropping

RX100, Nauticam Housing, 2x S&S YS-D1, Subsee +10 Diopter, No Cropping

Last edited:
a couple of ambient light shots with the UWL28M52

---------- Post added August 8th, 2013 at 11:28 PM ----------

some shots with the subsee+10

lighted UWL28M52 shots

I'm going to get my hands on a subsea +10 before I go to Lembeh!

I'm going to get my hands on a subsea +10 before I go to Lembeh!

Having just been there I recommend an Inon UCL100+UCL165 stacked for some of the smallest items like zebra crabs or Pygmy squids or bob tail squids
The advantage of the UCL100 vs subsee is that the lens does not vignette at any angle so you can keep it on for most time and use it even at 28mm equivalent

Interesting. I have two of the UCL-165 already, so the UCL-100 makes sense. Thanks!

If you have two UCL165 that covers already more than a single UCL100 or subsee and it does achieve macro
If you want more than UCL100+165 is the most you can push it
A subsee can't be stacked and is not a good choice for you as you don't want to stack a 10 diopter over a 6 you always out the strongest first
If you look on my Flickr you can see this combination with a panasonic lx7 that is a good comparison

I was thinking to get a 100 and stack the 165 with it if I can't get what I need with two x 165 using manual focus...the LCD Magnifier (which is awesome and helps a lot) really blows up the focus peaking so it may well work out fine. I manually focus my DSLR a good bit, so it's nothing new.

Thanks!

I like the RX-100 alot. Here is a photo of my son, taken with the RX-100 and the UWL-04 fisheye lens. sony-rx100-underwater-photo-fisheye.jpg

Back
Top Bottom