• Sony RX100 III

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panasonic LX100

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Canon G7X

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamarketing

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
So it looks like we have two new contenders in the compact camera category. Not seeing any housing announcements yet for the Panasonic or Canon (not surprising, the cameras were just announced), so clearly it'd be best to wait on that.

But if you were in a betting mood that housings were coming for both, which of the three would be your top pick?

Here's the raw spec comparison including both the M2 and M3 RX100's: Side by Side Comparison: Digital Photography Review

24-70 lens are really not good for still images whilst they may make fine land cameras

So what about the G7X v. RX100ii?

And please excuse my ignorance on this since it's been quite a few years since I invested in an underwater setup, but I was always shooting on the wide end anyway, so wouldn't wider be better? In that case, all of them except the RX100ii would be 24mm on the wide end.

24mm in water becomes 32 that is not wide at all. You need a wet lens and those work best with 28mm cameras. Maybe the canon camera is a best fit but I don't see it as a significant improvement on the rx100 mark II

Back
Top Bottom