Soo Many Choices, Which ones to choose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

meesier42

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have been asked to provide my comparisons of the FF Pro vs the Newly released Military SD-1 that has been in tested for a long time now.

Pro's- These were my first ForceFins, I purchased them at the advice of my LDS. I will say I took to them immediately, I was coming from a competitive swimming background and they felt so natural for my kick. They were able to provide all the power that I wished while being very comfortable. I will say this much, I no longer have these fins as they were "borrowed" by a friend for his OW checkout dives, some 3 yrs later he still has them, ya I know some friend huh.

Military SD-1, I was able to convince Bob to sell me a pair of these about a year go. My first expirience with them was on the Boiler Wreck off Cape Hatterass. And of course there was a nice southern current, divable, but just barely. Of the 3 person dive group I was part of, I was the only one to make the 300yard surface swim onto the wreck, the other 2 were swept down current forcing me to abort, get them and make it back to shore, the others were wearing either Quattros and Bio-fins, but I digress. The next day we made it out diving in open water and I took them out again, this time I was really able to test them. Again a current, not as strong but over a knot and it was much weaker on the bottom. I found they manuever very easily, not to mention have enough speed to easily overcome the current. I found they performed flawlessly in positioning and sculling and the comfort of the footpocket is unmatched.
A side by side with the Pro, the Miltary lacks the distinctive snap and recovery feel of the pros, something I have always appreciated, but they out manuever the Pros. I also believe this is a fin that will convert many of the FF nay-sayers as it has a much more classic fin design and feel. If you swap diving wet and dry you will appreciate the great fit that you will get out of this fin in either boot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom