Sorry to report a missing diver, over 24 hours now out of Jupiter, FL.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nikki, was fun loving & gregarious, a sweet lady. I had her on my boat several times. Spoke with her a week or so ago, all was well. She was experienced, confident, athletic, and I'm certain carried sausage/s to inflate when reaching the surface. Hard to believe that she was not spotted by any vessels in the area. With a current reported to be between 2 & 4 knots, she would be quickly swept to the NNE, givin' that she was probably in the western edge of the gulf stream. I hope and pray someone spots her, as she is by now floating, well north of Port Canaveral.

Coast Guard has restarted their aerial & sea search based on information supplied by a pilot doing and aerial search just before dark.
There are 3 airplanes and a helicopter in the air this morning from the CG. An unkown number of private aircraft have also been searching.

The private planes now searching for Nikki need money to operate. I'm posting an email below that I got last night from a friend of mine who is helping to coordinate the private search. It gives instructions for anyone who would like to donate via PayPal to help fund the search.

What a long day and a TREMENDOUS showing from divers, pilots, fisherman and surfers. We had 2 potential sightings of a safety marker just before dark. We have 3 planes chartered for the am and one private plane (guys driving over from Tampa). Working on a 4th plane, depending on funds and rate. Len (Gradyman) and Pat Bennett are booking the planes directly from a Pay Pal account and their personal credit cards. This is the quickest way to verify deposits, accept credit cards and get the $$ directly to to the pilots for fuel. Please direct any donations to studiolens@aol.com Pay Pal account. If we have any extra funds, it will be transferred to the account at Wachovia for other rescue effort (boats, recovery if needed). That process is taking way too long, so Pay Pal is easier. The guys are really working great deals so we get lots of flying time with lower costs. Thanks for caring and thanks to the SC divers....several have written in comments of support. We still have strong hope for Nikki. Tomorrow is vital.

Could someone enlighten me as to what the side looking sonar torpedo looking thing is on her tank?

Thanks and prayers.

Could someone enlighten me as to what the side looking sonar torpedo looking thing is on her tank?

Thanks and prayers.
I believe it is a "scooter" she was trying out.. ?? I think this is amazing how people have come together from so many diff boards and united! Her cousin wants everyone to keep in our minds a picture of her rescue being lifted from the sea I believe were her words.. ASK, BELIEVE,RECEIVE
GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU

Thanks and prayers.

I've already pointed you to the spearboard link once. If you actually want some info on what's going on, you should probably read up there. If you just want to get your post count up, keep asking questions here.

I've already pointed you to the spearboard link once. If you actually want some info on what's going on, you should probably read up there. If you just want to get your post count up, keep asking questions here.
Whats with the attitude?? everyone is freaked out!

I am quite capable of following links. All the information is not clearly available.Therefore my questions. I actually do think before I speak...unlike some people. Do you have anything else to contribute?

I am quite capable of following links. All the information is not clearly available.Therefore my questions. I actually do think before I speak...unlike some people. Do you have anything else to contribute?

What question have you asked here that wasn't addressed on spearboard following the first link? Answer, none. If you care about this diver, bother to read before posting Don't bother getting defensive if you can't take 10 minutes to get informed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom