Source for pre-lake maps of Lanier?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got roped into painting today. I didn't get to pick up my tanks. They open at noon. that means 1pm is a bit tight for me, but I s/b able to 1:30.

I'm assuming they're still opening on Sunday, I heard talk they might not be, in which case all I can do is snorkle.

ah looks like I won't make it out today. damn.

sorry you wont be able to make it. I just got home, but am planning on heading over to the park closer to 2, and walking the shore to photograph the bleachers, and in case anyone shows up and decides to dive. I've got red hair, and will probably bring a funny looking black and white dog. Find me if anyone decides to come by. I'll bring maps just in case, and can show you another site nearby where there are some exposed foundations if anyone's interested.

Well, I was ther until 2:30, didn't see anyone. I was in the Red Montero with the dive flag on the front and dive stickers on the back...kind of hard to miss. Only a hour drive each way.

Mike

Well, I was ther until 2:30, didn't see anyone. I was in the Red Montero with the dive flag on the front and dive stickers on the back...kind of hard to miss. Only a hour drive each way.

Mike

You're going to kick yourself, but I was there for about an hour (2-3) just in case anyone showed. I was walking up the hill from the lake and saw a red vehicle with a plethora of dive stickers, and waved, but you were already turned around and heading away. Sigh. So sorry. I almost posted my cell # but since there's 800 folks reading these posts, decided against it. Did you get out and walk down to the bleachers? They are alot closer to the point at the end of the park than the beach I originally mentioned.

If anyone else goes to check out the site, go all the way to the end of the park, where there's a cul-de-sac turn around, park, and walk to your left along the shore. There were lots of folks hanging around on Sunday, photographing the bleachers and such, but I didn't see any other divers. I'm bummed out we didn't run into each other. Maybe next time.

Hey guppy are you familiar with the Bells Mill area?

Yep, I got out and scoped it out, took some shots of the bleachers and the old road.

Mike

well I'm definitely up for some diving this weekend. Mike, did you see anything particularly interesting? got any guesses on the viz?

Since I didn't have a buddy I didn't dive. One of the locals said there is a car still down there. Not sure of anything else. Afraid I am flying to San Francisco on Saturday so I am out of the dive picture for a week or two.

Hey guppy are you familiar with the Bells Mill area?

I think so...isn't that the area near the Trotters old place gas station, where you can see the island and the lone tree sticking up from the lake? Oh, and the old road that runs right into the lake? I've been there a few times recently, kicking around the old foundations.(not literally) I keep hoping more will be exposed with the dropping lake levels. My map has 10 dots=10 structures. I don't know exactly what qualifies as a structure, an actual foundation or a clump of bricks! If we are speaking of the same area, I was told the island was the former location of a cemetary and possibly a trading post? but I may just be spreading rumors. I took some photographs on Sunday and will post them if anyones interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom