Source for Suunto replacement parts? (Suunto Quick Release)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhyno

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently found a small leak on my Suunto Quick Release where it attaches to the HP hose. Pulling the QR off the hose I found that the oring had turned to dust. I replaced it and verified the leak stopped. Unfortunately the stem is locked in due to corrosion, however I would still like to replace the 2nd O-ring. Since the stem appears to be relatively soft brass I didn't want to fuss with it too much without having a replacement.

Anyone happen to know where I could source a replacement for the swivel joint stem (K5090) ?

Thanks!

---------- Post added August 5th, 2014 at 07:19 PM ----------

Unfortunately my preferred LDS doesn't service suunto equipment (they are where I sourced the o-ring from).
I tried calling another dive shop who does service it, however both times I've been asked to "call back <insert time here> and talk to <joe blow>"
Joe's never there and their run around makes me think they wouldn't appreciate my business. I'd much prefer to do this simple little replacement myself, especially considering it's spelled out in the QR install guide.

---------- Post added August 5th, 2014 at 07:35 PM ----------

If an online source isn't available, my LDS does service Scubapro, Oceanic, Sherwood, Hollis, Genesis, and at least a handful of others. He sounded unsure if he'd have the correct stem or we would have torn it apart in the shop. If it's a commodity part or if there's a cross-reference we could verify it'd be appreciated.

---------- Post added August 6th, 2014 at 03:02 PM ----------

I did some digging around and verified it's a commodity/generic high pressure stem shared across all brands. Just about any shop should carry them.

Rhyno,

Please follow the link to the Suunto locator where you can locate the nearest authorized Suunto service center to you. Suunto Dealer Locator
Any of the Suunto service centers should be able to service your quick disconnect.
If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Hi Chris, I appreciate the reply. That is the page I used to find the closest Suunto dealer, but as you'll see they were far from helpful. I was able to find what I needed by trial and error with a different dive shop prior to even getting a call back.

I understand you likely have little impact over the local dealers, but I feel I should at least be honest about an experience with your dealer network. I love the product, but it's local support here isn't what it could be. I feel something as simple as a $4 user replaceable component should be readily available without multiple unreturned calls, $30 service fees, and a 1 week turn around.

Rhyno,

I am apologize for your recent experience. Please private message me with those details so that I can look into this further for you. It is definitely a top priority for our customers to get the highest level of customer service as possible.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Back
Top Bottom