South England

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ikan bilis

Reaction score
Are there any good dive sites south of england and any dive operators i can go to for a short dive trip? Preferably wrecks...should be plenty from what i heard about UK diving.

Do i need dry suits? I am planning for a dive somewhere in October, hopefully, it's not that cold.

BTW: I'm a warm water diver, do i need training for a dry suit dive?

some nice regulator out there move this to the UK Wreck Ferrets site.....

anyway loads of diving in the south of England - October the water should still be pretty warm, well for the UK at any rate. You don't neeeed a dry suit but make sure you have a wind cheater, wooly hat and gloves.

Unfortunately I can not help you out at the mo as I am based in Tokyo but I am sure one of the Ferrets will help you out- come on guys and girls.....

South coast covers a lot of ground. Cornwall & Devon have the best viz but you can dive round the whole coast of the uk. There's loads of dive operators so that won't be a problem. I dive in a drysuit all year round. You should do a couple of little dives to get used to the viz, temp & currents. If you get to some of the good sites i think you'll want to dive here a lot more.
Good diving
Rob

Speaking as a warm water diver converted to UK diving, I would recommend you first go on a dry suit orientation dive or a even a specialty course. The drysuit can pose some peculiar problems.

The posting above mentions doing some little dives first. This is good advice, to get you used to the drysuit (and additional weight) without loading you too much with the new experience of the cold, viz and current.

Other equipment for wreck diving in the UK can include reel & dsmb, a strong pair of snips & a decent light.

I hope you will enjoy UK diving as much as I do.

selamat berselam ikan bilis!

Back
Top Bottom