South Florida Instructor Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ironlung

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking at doing a PADI IDC in South Florida. Anybody have any recommendations? EASE, Pro Dive, Ocean Divers (in Keys)?

ProDive in Fort Lauderdale looks good to me.

I went through the IDC/IE years back and just recently visited and spent a few days with them in their new location.

You don't go to an IDC to learn about diving- you go there to learn to teach. They are very good at this, and their next-door proximity to massive olympic sized diving pools and their first rate boats is a big plus. The classroom facility is designed that specific purpose. This is a major recreational dive charter service so you will see a lot of noob divers. It is a commercial operation with arrangements with nearby hotels for bargain rates- right on the oceanfront.

This is a no-nonsense professional operation that has frequent start dates for IDCs. In 2009, they schedule IDC's for January, March, May, June, August, September, October and December.

Pro Dive - Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Scuba Instructor Training will get you there!

Last edited:
I am actually going throught the program at pro dive right now. I came down in January to look at a few different options and ultimately decided on Pro Dive. I couldn't be more thrilled with my decision. The training I have been through so far has exceeded my expectations. The instructors here are top notch. They have worked many hours with us to insure we will be very well prepared to be confident, knowledgeable and safe instructors. At this point we are preparing my resume and looking into job options. They seem to be putting in a lot of work on job placement.
If you have any questions about how Pro Dive is ran, or what certifications you recieve, or any other questions, please send me an email. You can write me at Matt9122@hotmail.com
Please feel free to ask anything. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

I attempted to do my IDC at a dive shop a few years back and due to some personal reasons it just didn't work out so well. I was planning on actually making the trip down to EASE and getting it knocked out. I am obviously rusty and will need to freshen up my skills and noticed that EASE has an “IDC Preparation Review” before the IDC and IE. Are there any latest recommendations for IDC's and EASE? Should I take the “IDC Preparation Review” course?

I have to say that EASE is about the best there is for PADI... Philippe and Dianne are tops !

One you didn't list but I used in Key Largo is Rainbow Reef. They have 2 course directors on staff and run an IDC/IE about every month. I was very happy with the school.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom