South Padre or Corpus Christi for Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael Guerrero

Contributor
Reaction score
Which location is better to do a little vacation diving while still being able to do "regular" activities on vacation?

I'm a technical diver, but they don't have to be technical dives.

Thanks,
Mike

I have never dove in corpus, but south padre is awesome, check out American divers, great crew. The gulf current brings water from the south to south padre, corpus gets Mississippi mud water. Sorry to offend the corpus goers, but south padre is superior for water quality. SPI also has lots to do for the family, a waterpark, excellent beaches, shops, etc. I have a camper and have spent time at Galveston island, mustang island, aransas, south padre island, hands down best beach in Texas is SPI.

I would say SPI contact American Diving www.divesouthpadre.com for their schedules.
If you choose Corpus You would be catching your boat out of Port Aransas but I don't know the operators there.

Back
Top Bottom