South Siam 4 or Manta Queen II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AceszHigh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am debating between these two liveaboards for a 3day trip at the end of this month. Does anyone have experience with either one?

MV Manta Queen II - 3day/3 night, 10 dives
Koh Tachai, Koh Bon, Richelieu Rock, Boonsung wreck
**This boat does 3 dives each at Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock

South Siam 4 - 3day/2 night, 11 dives
Similans, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu Rock
**More diverse dive sites, slightly more expensive and I'd have to get a hotel the night before departure unlike with Manta Queen

I'm leaning toward Manta Queen, but the thing that makes me torn between the two is the face that I'd miss out on the Similan dive sites (and get one less dive in). Hopefully some of you here have experience with these boats and could help me! Thanks.

Hi, this is two years late, but I'm debating this same question right now, and also leaning Manta Queen. 4day/4night Manta Queen 6, or 4day/3 night South Siam 3. The 4 day trips have enough diving at Similians. Did you pick, were you happy with your results?

Not OP nor have I been on either boat, but I've seen them anchored next to the boat I was on. The Manta Queens looked alright but the South Siam boats are cattle boats. Because they have people coming and leaving each day, they have more people on the boat during the daytime than can sleep there at night. Not a comfortable experience.

They are cheaper though.

I did Manta Queen, the itinerary you are talking about. It was great. Definitely more on the budget side (not big rooms or lush beds, or much in the way of additional amenities on the boat) but it was perfect for me. Eat sleep dive, great crew and fun dives.

Alright, perfect. Manta Queen it is.

@helarno after emailing them, the cost I got, inclusive of rentals + park fees for Manta Queen (23300) was less than that of South Siam (28700), plus nitrox is cheaper on the Manta Queen :D so hidden costs on south siam I think

@infinita29 Wow. Then I totally don't understand why people go on the South Siam boats then. Have fun on the Manta Queen.

Back
Top Bottom