Southern California group trip.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Laurie! :)

Probably not going, but keeping it on the radar nonetheless, just in case.

Chris

Hi all. is this trip a " go" Ill need to make reservations....
How will we all "meet" and know where from the scubaboard

Hey guys,

Bad news, I will not be able to make it this weekend, but as most others who can't, I will most likely be out there on the 22nd or 23rd.

Will keep posted..

WOW- you folks on the mainland are sure taking it on the chin from this incredible electrical storm. And all they predicted was a 30% chance of light showers for the coast.

Just wanted everyone to know that except for a few drops this morning, Catalina has been sunny and nice all day. We can see the thick clouds and lightning strikes "26 miles" away, but our little paradise here has been unscathed.

Dive conditions look pretty darned good with great visibility and a little surge. This weekend should be even better since they are forecasting warmer temperatures and sun.

Dr. Bill

drbill once bubbled...
WOW- you folks on the mainland are sure taking it on the chin from this incredible electrical storm. And all they predicted was a 30% chance of light showers for the coast.
It's interesting, because the usual pattern of weather (at least for the past couple of years that I've been watching it) is for the predictions to exaggerate the severity of impending storms, which often fall apart completely by the time they arrive. Not this time!

We don't get much light-and-sound aerial pyrotechnics in Southern California, so my third-grader son enjoyed it.

As for the group trip, looks like I'll be practicing skills on a beach dive this weekend, and the weekend after going through DIR Fundamentals, and the weekend after that going out of town for the Thanksgiving weekend. So I'll have to catch up with y'all one of these weeks/months.

drbill once bubbled...

Just wanted everyone to know that except for a few drops this morning, Catalina has been sunny and nice all day. We can see the thick clouds and lightning strikes "26 miles" away, but our little paradise here has been unscathed.

Dive conditions look pretty darned good with great visibility and a little surge. This weekend should be even better since they are forecasting warmer temperatures and sun.

Dr. Bill

You should've been here, Dr. Bill! The afternoon commute was about 25 MPH, and still I was hydroplaning on the freeway from all the water. Streets flooded, driving through hail, the lightning flashing so brightly it was blinding! And then the thunder, shaking our house like an earthquake and totally freaking out the cats (and me :))... us native Southern Californians are just not used to this :D!! But ths snow on the mountains looks awesome in the sunrise today!

I am glad you are having good dive conditions out there! Take some good video this weekend (is the housing still working?).

wishing you safe and pleasant diving,

sapphire :)

Hey everyone, I just found this thread. How many people are meeting at the dive park this weekend? I would love to go and meet some fellows. Is the famous Dr Bill showing up? Look for a little 17' whaler "Stinky Tuna" anchored outside the park on Sat morning. That will me be from Dana Point.
See you there!

Kyle

Well, I sat there with my little sign waiting for the SB members to trickle in today. Ran into Brian Gilpin yesterday and know he is diving tomorrow at the Point. Lwronk said hi before she and her fiance had to take off. Heymonkey was there for the day with his buddy.

Did the rain scare everyone off ort had you cancelled before that? Will be there tomorrow to finish my weekend dives and see who shows.

Dr. Bill
The Maytag Repair Man of the Dive Park

Back
Top Bottom