Southern MO diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ericstott

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am planning on being in Southern Missouri (staying in Springfield) the first thru the third of July, to dive.
I would like to dive in some cool places, but it is just me, my girlfriend is taking her kids to the parks/fairs/whatever.

What kind of diving is there?
I am an AN/DP, side mount, dry suit, Choptima diver.

Should I bring all of this for ~3ish days of diving? Are there shops that can supply O2? Are there dive buddies I can start interacting with?

If you are road tripping on I40, the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM is a small fun tourist trap. I dove it with my rEvo on a road trip to KC for the 4th of July a few years back. Road side attraction, not a destination.

It would be a long drive, but Bonne Terre mine is about 3.5 hours away. I’ve never been there but many people think it’s pretty cool. :)

If you are road tripping on I40, the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM is a small fun tourist trap. I dove it with my rEvo on a road trip to KC for the 4th of July a few years back. Road side attraction, not a destination.
Flying to KC.

It would be a long drive, but Bonne Terre mine is about 3.5 hours away. I’ve never been there but many people think it’s pretty cool. :)
Already have dove there over Christmas. A great place and I will return. This is a new place that I have heard good things, but want to hit the ground running. Hopefully someone (or a group of divers) from the area will be able to hook me up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom