Southern Ontario Quarry Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove Gullivers today and the water temp was 77 degrees and the visibility ranged from 15 feet to almost nil :confused: ....we were the only two certified divers that were just there to dive for fun. About 30 students showed up :11: around us which explains the visibility drop. All in all it was a good day even though Gullivers is not my favourite.

Dove Innerkip today. In most spots, there was a really murky layer below 20 feet, but above that, viz was 5 to 10 feet. Water temperature was 76.

Dove Gulliver's on July31. Good vis. 15' to 20' at the bottom. Temperature was in the mid 70s on the bottom and 80s on the top.

Windmill Point Quarry - August 3rd

Temps: +/- mid 70's
Viz +/- 8 feet

Thermocline @ 20 feet, temp drop about 5-10 degrees (F)

VERY relaxing dive and location, even with the long-weekend crowds.

Neil M.

I was out to Innerkip for the first dive of the season this past Wednestday May 6th. Visibility was 1 to 6 feet and temperature was 53 F.

Does anyone know what Sherkston is like right now?

Dove Gulliver's yesterday and the water was 59 degrees and the rest was typical....but the water was likely 1-2 feet deeper than last time I was there (well up onto the grass)

It felt good. I had not worn my 7mm suit since the beginning of September last year (and had not dove since October in bonaire) so yesterday felt good....except the neoprene really shrank :shakehead: :wink:. Had a headache so only did one dive but thoroughly enjoyed all 65 minutes of it.....and I wish I could surface from all dives that way....having only used 1300 psi for a 65 minute dive :D.

Dove Gulliver's yesterday and the water was 59 degrees and the rest was typical....but the water was likely 1-2 feet deeper than last time I was there (well up onto the grass)

It felt good. I had not worn my 7mm suit since the beginning of September last year (and had not dove since October in bonaire) so yesterday felt good....except the neoprene really shrank :shakehead: :wink:. Had a headache so only did one dive but thoroughly enjoyed all 65 minutes of it.....and I wish I could surface from all dives that way....having only used 1300 psi for a 65 minute dive :D.

Ahhh Gullivers!! If I had a nickel for every time I dove there....Might be doing checkout dives there again this summer if we come back to Ontario.

You guys should checkout Sherkston Shores! there's some stuff to checkout there and the viz is usually in the 20 foot range.

dive safe,

Jeff

Out to Innerkip today. The bottom temp was 57; the quarry was flooded, so the water was about 4 feet deeper than usual. Visibility was 5 to 10 feet.

Sherkston, June 6th

Bottom temperature 55 F

Visibility 10-20 feet.

Sherkston, June 6th

Bottom temperature 55 F

Visibility 10-20 feet.

Heehee!! Funny Soggy Diver! I was coming on here to comment on conditions at Sherkston on June 7th; and I was going to write:

Bottom temp. of 55 F and visibility of approx. 15 feet. :wink: Nice place to dive. My first time there. I will certainly go back.

Happy Diving :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom