Southern Red Sea - Canon G1 X pictures.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great collection of photos. I especially enjoy seeing fish that are endemic to the Red Sea such as your photos of the masked Butterflyfish.

Some REALLY nice wide angle shots in there! I know many people will love the fish, and I loved the light through the caverns, but my favorite shots are the wide angle ones of the coral. The biggest thing that hit me about our dives in the Southern Red Sea was the profusion of healthy corals of every imaginable shape and color. The camera equipment I had couldn't capture that, but you have done a really good job of it. Thank you for sharing the pictures!

hi Wossa,
though lots of people complain about the G1x, your pics look better than the ones I took with a Canon 20D.
As I received a G1X as a gift, I am considering taking it u/w.
What housing and flash did you use.
How did the zoom work; i think the zoom is a bit flimsy...
thanks, rgds,
Herman

Hi Herman

The housing I have is Canons own, WP-DC 44 I think it is....something like that! I do not have any strobes or flash, just used the natural light.
Zoom was OK, didn't really use it that much.....I don't have much to compare it too, so not sure what's good or bad to be honest.

For me the G1 X was easy to use, pretty compact to some of the other set ups on the boat and gave me reasonable results. I like to enjoy the dive as well as take a few photos, so can't really be bothered to be lugging around a huge unit....I'm only after holiday snaps. It has a couple of well known issues (no macro, sometimes slow focus).....but I am getting use to it now and enjoy using it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom