Souvenir ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for getting my hopes up. That is an ad that links to another site. Can't order through Amazon. I was going to order a case so I could skip self import. No shipping to PA.....

Crash and burn......
Some liquor stores have it in the cheap bottle. Spec's here in Texas carries it.

Oh my gosh, you have to at least try it. It is hard to find in the states. Test the theory by going to El Moro and give it a try as the included after dinner aperitif. We have become mules of the stuff for friends and family. For ease and since we are usually traveling carry-on only, we buy it in the duty free. shockingly, they were out in February. (I know!) Maybe I should stop telling people about it...

We used to buy it in duty free as well, so we didn't have to count it in our bag weights prior to check in at the airport. Last May we were able to get it. Now the duty free shop at the airport claims they no longer carry it. Boy was I disappointed. :(

Mosaicoz also makes Mayan coffee with it, and it is delicious. We always get it out at Punta Moreno, but most bars at the hotels don't carry it.

We used to buy it in duty free as well, so we didn't have to count it in our bag weights prior to check in at the airport. Last May we were able to get it. Now the duty free shop at the airport claims they no longer carry it. Boy was I disappointed. :(

Mosaicoz also makes Mayan coffee with it, and it is delicious. We always get it out at Punta Moreno, but most bars at the hotels don't carry it.
They ship to Virginia, and it's on sale: $16.19 each or $191.88/dozen plus $40.78 freight on 12 = 232.66, less than $20 bottle delivered. :wink:
Elephant Wine d'Aristi Xtabentun Liqueur Honey

they also carry very nice quality stuff. I've purchased good silver jewelry there, and ...

I hope this isn't too OT, but is the silver jewelry you see in the better Mexican shops really decent stuff? My wife and I looked at it while we were on Coz a couple of years ago, but I had no way of knowing whether it was of reliable quality, or just plated white metal. Is there any way of separating the good quality from junk?
One of the reason I buy at Los Cincos Soles is they're reputable. All their silver (as far as I've seen) is properly stamped with the silver markings (usually .925) which designates it as sterling silver, not silver plated. And they sell silver chains and bracelets, etc. jewelry by weight, not just by a price thrown out there.

What a great thread! We are headed to Coz in a couple of months and I'll definitely be hitting some of these shops during my surface intervals.

Thanks! I hadn't taken the time to check that link out yet. Nice to know there is a way to still reasonably get it here :)

I'll let you know how my 'gift' for a friend in VA works out....

Thanks! I hadn't taken the time to check that link out yet. Nice to know there is a way to still reasonably get it here :)
As Gordon said, we have a chain that carries it here for less than $20. I need to stop in the Lubbock store and see if they have it.

Just out of curiousity are you allowed to take a shell (empty of course) while diving? While in St. Croix I found a really pretty half of a shell and afterwards I thought it would be neat to have one from every trip as a souvenir and note the date or the depth I found it at.

Edit: and just wanted to clarify I wasn't talking about a conch shell or anything like that. I was refering to something you'd see washed up on the beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom