Souvenir ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just out of curiousity are you allowed to take a shell (empty of course) while diving? While in St. Croix I found a really pretty half of a shell and afterwards I thought it would be neat to have one from every trip as a souvenir and note the date or the depth I found it at.

Edit: and just wanted to clarify I wasn't talking about a conch shell or anything like that. I was refering to something you'd see washed up on the beach.
Not in the Marine Park.

As Gordon said, we have a chain that carries it here for less than $20. I need to stop in the Lubbock store and see if they have it.

You know a dive buddy might offer to ship some....

You know a dive buddy might offer to ship some....
I could, but I am sure it's cheaper ordering that case to VA. Send me the packing case & materials and I'll load it & return it full if you'd like?

D'Aristi is the best, IMO

I prefer Kukulcan or XO. They're all good, though.

For actual Cozumel souvenirs, painted feathers, other artwork, or inexpensive items made right in the shop at "Ram's Shop" in the Plaza Norte on 30a Av. It has no sign at all, but it's at the right end of the plaza next to the Telcel distributor and has a lot of T-shirts in the window (they do screen printing for local businesses).

As Gordon said, we have a chain that carries it here for less than $20. I need to stop in the Lubbock store and see if they have it.
I miss Specs. :( None here in Alabama, it looks like they're only a Texas chain. Here the majority of the liquor stores are state owned. Strangely, they're open on Sundays. I'll have to see if they carry Xtabentun, just for the heck of it.

You should be able to phone and change your order, since they have a 3 day delay.

I will not be ordering (or driving a couple miles to the liquor store that carries it) any Xtabentun for the following reason: I don't take shots of it, I only appreciate it in the form of flaming Mayan coffee. Sure, I could endanger my hands by twisting a sugar-rimmed glass over an open flame, then pouring flaming streams of liquors and liqueurs into the glass, then flaming it some more before I finally drink it, but it just wouldn't be the same as having one made for me in Cozumel. For me, that Mayan coffee is one the best souvenirs Cozumel provides me (in addition to the diving, natch) and it's the "souvenir" memories that make me want to go back.

Not that my sentiment helps to choose a tangible souvenir as a gift, but I'd appreciate the whole package more. Too bad she's just a platonic friend, or I'd recommend some quality time learning from the professional Mayan coffee engineers, then recreating the experience in her own home, subject to applicable fire codes of course :)

Back
Top Bottom