sp-350 settings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wannabedivin

Registered
Reaction score
I am sure this has been addressed before, but what are the best settings for the sp-350 as far as shutter and speed? I am using the onboard flash in the PAcific Northwest

For max depth of field, F/8 & 1/100sec to start. In macro mode - no closer than about 6 inches and no further away than 18 inches. In supermacro, you can get much closer, but will have to put the camera flash in slave mode level 6, then bump the intensity up or down as needed.

use this chart
Splashdown Divers - Boynton Beach, Florida - Underwater Digital Photography - 5050 Settings - 5060 Settings
column four for your onboard flash. We used this on my wifse cam in bonaire for two weeks and got fantastic shots. Also you can turn the flash off and use manual white balance and just use the light available using all the same setting again. For macro the camera has a macro underwater mode in it, and it works pretty well.

I am sure this has been addressed before, but what are the best settings for the sp-350 as far as shutter and speed? I am using the onboard flash in the PAcific Northwest

Check this thread. If this is what Cathy Church is teaching it is probably a very good place to start.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/oly-outlet/214687-sp350-my-mode-settings-here-ya-go.html

When I tried a Scubaboard search for "My Modes" the search engine responded with zero hits because it has a 4 character minimum for search terms. But when I use "SP350 My Modes" I found the above.

If you're diving PNW, forget Cathy Church's settings. They'll work great in Grand Cayman, but you'll get black pictures where you are. In Monterey, I use f5.6 for macro at about 18"-24" with dual strobes. Try 1/60th, get close, and see how it works. For supermacro, I recommend you use the macro setting and zoom a bit. The reason the strobe doesn't work in Supermacro is that the lens blocks most of the light. I use f8@1/125-1/250 with a strobe. Try f8@1/100, and if it doesn't blur, you're good. If you can't get a sharp picture, knock it down to f6.3 1/125. f5.6-f6.3 should give you a very sharp picture for macro use, with good depth of field. f8 is a little better, especially if you like a black background. In green water, supermacro is very hard to get focus. I usually have to take 6 or 7 shots and hope one is sharp. It will focus better in macro with some zoom from about 8-10 inches. If you can't get focus on your subject, focus on a nearby rock at the same distance, hold the button and move to your subject. Then snap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom