SP MK-10+ - removing the "TIB"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have inherited a MK-10+ that, due to some incorrect maintenance procedures as well as inadequate care, suffered some corrosion. Of particular interest to me is getting a look at the piston under the "TIB" that is snapped on the 10+ piston. Does anyone have a suggested best method to remove this? Seeing that SP details the placing of silicone in this spot and attaching (snapping) the "TIB" on the piston when servicing, it seems it should come off for service.... I have not been able to remove it...

Thoughts?

It is often badly stuck, put it as it is in the ultrasound cleaner, that might help. Then with a small screw driver carefully under the edge and try to lift it up a little bit on one side, then on the other. Usually it comes off suddenly and then pretty easy. You can also try pliers with care.........

as always, thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom