SP pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last edited:
In the past 2 months I've eBayed 8 of my MK20 and 25's (still have a couple more to go).
Got completely fed up with having to deal with all the different pistons and different colored bits of plastic that surround them and having to count the number of slits in the yoke saddle.
Complete pain in the arse.

Why is a MK17/A700 price protected at 759.00 in the USA but I can purchase the same item from Europe, and shipped for free from an authorized dealer in Europe, for $595.00. And yes they are both in USA dollars. Why do you feel the need to stick it to Americans?

And how much do you pay for a gallon of fuel?
Here in the land of cheap regulators I pay just under $10 a gallon.

Still complaining?

The irony here is that Scubapro probably would have been better off if this thread had stayed in the Scubapro forum. Less bashing, and maybe a reasonable Scubapro response.

The irony here is that Scubapro probably would have been better off if this thread had stayed in the Scubapro forum. Less bashing, and maybe a reasonable Scubapro response.

Scubapro was getting bashed the minute they stepped onto Scubaboard, if that tells you anything.
Lot's of pent up frustrations and resentment from it's customers.
And the sad part is it doesn't have anything to do with the quality of their products but with the way they run their operation.

It is a little bizarre to be so fond of (and dedicated to) my older SP regs and at the same time be so critical, with reason, of the company's sales and service policies.

It is a little bizarre to be so fond of (and dedicated to) my older SP regs and at the same time be so critical, with reason, of the company's sales and service policies.
I don't see that as bizarre at all, I feel the same way.

Part of it is that when I got into diving I bought into Scubapro's philosophy of solid engineering. Consequently I feel a little cheated and betrayed as a long term customer over some of the product decisions and marketing moves that they've made in the last several years.

Both of you guys Halocline and DA, that's exactly right.
I absolutely love the older stuff like any of the metal faced regs and MK5's. Such classics.
The MK20/G200B I could take or leave but it is a great breather.
The new stuff I suppose is good I don't know, it doesn't do anything for me because of all combined reasons that we have already discussed.

The golden era of Scubapro that I'm in love with is long gone. All we have are the old classics that we can collect and restore.
I know the old beauties are Scubapro, but in a way it's almost like they aren't Scubapro, or at least modern Scubapro; it's like they are two different companies, the old one and the new one.
It's heatbreaking to see what happened to them and what they've become.

Back
Top Bottom