Space Shuttle Launches Tonight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of these days I'd really like to go watch a launch in person.

About 20+ years ago I had passes for seats in the press area from a friend who was going on the mission. I was too busy at work and passed it up. Stoo-pid. If I ever get the chance for an opportunity like that again my priorities will be in place.

I got to watch one a few years back with the astronaut friends and family section. It was unreal. If you ever get a chance to see a launch do it.

It was a spectacular launch this evening (I was at my Mom's house in Palm Bay).
The sunset caused the trail to be three distinct colors, red at the bottom, yellow in the middle, and brilliant white at the top, truly one of the more picturesque launches IMO.

I was down in delray walking down the street and saw the tail in the sky, quite a good sight as I wasn't expecting it.

It was a pretty cool sight. I have never seen those colors before. We took the kids down to the lagoon to go fishing, didnt even know there was a launch today. Well I sure found out when I pulled into Titusville and saw all the traffic. We got off the water about 6:45, headed back into town a bit and pulled over in a parking lot. Sure is alot different to see form there as opposed to watching it from my house 35 miles away from the launch site. Pretty cool.

check out my video of the launch:

Discovery launch

Couldn't believe it but could see the con-trail here in the Keys. Was talking to my mom on the phone on my way back from Church and she said it was lifting off. Sure enough I looked back north and there was the trail just pretty as you please. If I had been a few min. further down the road I'm sure I could have seen the Shuttles engines.

When I lived in Palm Bay we would always go outside and watch the launches. They are a site to behold. May God be with you Discovery!!

Good Diving,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom