Spanish/English UW Photographer and OWSI :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joel_ing

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi there,

my name is Joel and I'm a 29 yo spaniard looking for a job as an Underwater Photographer or as an OWSI.
I'm currently working as the chief writer at the only scuba diving magazine left in Spain. Althought I like my job, I'm looking forward to go back to the life I once had as a traveller and a full-time diver. Plus I'd be nice to leave this wreck of a country...

Experience as an UW Photographer
I've been taking pictures for over two years now, and even thou it's not along time, I have quite a nice photo archive. All I know I've learned it on my own, but running a scuba diving magazine, working with some of the best competition UW Photographers of the world (the second classified on the last CMAS UW championship works for us and it's a personal friend) and publishing lots of articles and pictures of the places I visited, and not necessarily with cristal clear waters or the nicest UW conditions, it's been very useful and a great experience.
I can provide some of my pictures as reference if interested.

UW equipment
I own my dive and UW Photo equipment, which consists of the following:
Nikon D90 + 60 mm lens + Tokina 10-17 mm fisheye lens and an Isotechnic housing with all the ports for the lenses and two Sea&Sea flashes, plus complements. Needless to say, in good hands you can get some awesome pictures with this set.

About myself
I'd describe myself as an easy going person, not to confuse with laid-back or lazy... I'm a hard worker, extremely responsible person; I wear the colors of wherever I work and take seriously my tasks. I'm mature for my age, educated, polite and a fun person to work with. I'm very passionate about the underwater world and people usually can tell just by talking to me.

Other interesting info
-I'm a former PADI OWSI Instructor as well. I haven't renewed this year, but I have over four years of experience teaching at diferent corners of the world (Red Sea, Greece, Malaysia, Ireland, Canary Island, ect). I haven't done any course over the last five years, so I'm a bit rusty on this.
-I have over two thousand dives at all posible water and dive conditions.
-I speak/write the following languagues: spanish, catalan and english (fluent).
-I've published articles at other publications other than the magazine I work at.

If you'd like to know more or get in touch with me you can write me at: joel_ing@hotmail.com

Thanks for reading me.
I hope to hear from you,

Joel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom