Spanish Rocks Scubaboard Fun-Dive Saturday October 18th!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CCCRRRRRAAAAAPPPPP!!! For some reason I was thinking this dive was Oct 12th, : (
I fly home from working in Mannitoba Canada on the 18th @ about 4pm - only way I can make it is if I get back early. I need to dive and soon - its been a couple of weeks for me!!

I'm in.

Dude, you rock! Sign me and Lil Sis up.

Question, are we doing pizza afterward or should we all bring something? Just a thought.

Thanks again for setting this up, I will look forward to it :)

SB97 - i am not sure on the law out there. I've heard conflicting laws, personally. I guess I need to find out for sure. If it is legal, I will bring my lil gun aka pea shooter that Scott5644 and I found out there last year. you can always shoot up under the ledges and such.

SB97 - i am not sure on the law out there. I've heard conflicting laws, personally. I guess I need to find out for sure. If it is legal, I will bring my lil gun aka pea shooter that Scott5644 and I found out there last year. you can always shoot up under the ledges and such.

FYI - http://myfwc.com/marine/Docs/July2008RegsNewsletter.pdf

p. 10 - Under the "You May NOT Spearfish" section there's a list of NOTs, here's one of them:

Within 100 yards of a public swimming beach, any commercial or public fishing pier, or any part of a bridge from which public fishing is allowed.

Hope that helps.

FYI - http://myfwc.com/marine/Docs/July2008RegsNewsletter.pdf

p. 10 - Under the "You May NOT Spearfish" section there's a list of NOTs, here's one of them:

Within 100 yards of a public swimming beach, any commercial or public fishing pier, or any part of a bridge from which public fishing is allowed.

Hope that helps.

It most certainly does. Thank you. So I just have to make sure I am 100 yds out? Bill - you bring the measuring tape :D

Just hit the second set of rocks and you will be legal. Be sure to tell me if there are some good keepers out there. I'm thinking about heading down there in a couple of weeks. I can't make the 18th but I have to get down there soon.

Dude, you rock! Sign me and Lil Sis up.

Question, are we doing pizza afterward or should we all bring something? Just a thought.

Thanks again for setting this up, I will look forward to it :)

Your the expert on this. Pizza sounds great to me. Solo's pizza is just around the corner.

Air, and water temps should be nice.

Last edited:
Your the expert on this. Pizza sounds great to me. Solo's pizza is just around the corner.

Air, and water temps should be nice.

Both work rather well. If you are up for pizza, you are hosting the event and going to be all the work involved, so pizza it is :) Feel more than free to throw your own flare on your event :) Let me know when you need your initial post updated so that things stay current.

Last edited:
It most certainly does. Thank you. So I just have to make sure I am 100 yds out? Bill - you bring the measuring tape :D

The key wording is "public swimming beach". With the condos on the shore I wouldnt think this area would be considered "public" and I dont think the beach access there would be enough to consider it "public". Any wildlife officers out there with a little clarification on this??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom