Spanish Rocks Scubaboard Fun-Dive Saturday October 18th!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No worries SB97 - I was too busy chatting with everyone when I looked around and saw everyone was diving and I was just stood there :doh: :rofl3:

Did you get the note I left on the van?

AL80's btw

You must have some little lungs! LMAO.:D

I didnt get the note until I was cleaning out the van today. We came out of the water and I saw the paper, looked at it, but didnt turn it over. My buds and I decided to do the sugar barge and put off eating until after the last dive. I figured you were at lunch and we really didnt want to get changed into street clothes for lunch and then back again to do the Regina.

Did you ever make it to the World of Beers thingy?

What do you think about the Halloween dive in Blue Grotto? I love halloween and diving so this should be a very cool get together.

I didn't sacrifice my first dive, I altered my first dive. I'm glad I could help.

Thank you again. I went to return the equipment today to /EZScuba and they told me it was MY responsibility to check the equipment before taking it. I reminded him how I explained that I am a new diver and I was looking for guidance. Told him about the problem with the reg and that I was unable to do the second dive because of it. He gave me credit for a tank next time. Don't think I will take them up on it. Should have listened to MsD

Thank you again. I went to return the equipment today to /EZScuba and they told me it was MY responsibility to check the equipment before taking it. I reminded him how I explained that I am a new diver and I was looking for guidance. Told him about the problem with the reg and that I was unable to do the second dive because of it. He gave me credit for a tank next time. Don't think I will take them up on it. Should have listened to MsD
I have NEVER heard of such a thing. Testing equipment before you rent it? I think the dive shop should maintain their gear in WORKING condition or not rent it. I guess they want you to get a cylinder and hook it up in the shop before you pay them? I would take the free tank of air but not spend another dollar in that store.

What did D have to say?

Anyone out there have any other experiences with EZScuba?

I have NEVER heard of such a thing. Testing equipment before you rent it? I think the dive shop should maintain their gear in WORKING condition or not rent it. I guess they want you to get a cylinder and hook it up in the shop before you pay them? I would take the free tank of air but not spend another dollar in that store.

What did D have to say?

MsD told me that she did not like that shop because of the way they treat customers. They try to sell you a lot of stuff and then treat you like $$it. Will take her advice from now on!!!!

Over the years I have collected a long list of negative feedback about them - from friends whose opinions I respect - let alone what I have personally seen.
When a person new to that shop says something negative, it doesn't surprise me. Always essentially the same story :shakehead: It is just a bad scene all around IMtinyOpinion - remember - it is just that my opinion.

I had great time at the Rocks. I saw tons of Giant Stone Crab, however, I was too scared to reach in and get them. I was so mad at myself. I tried forever to get them out of there friggin holes, but no luck.

I don't know how you all did it?!

Next time....it on!!

Oh yeah, it was also great to meet everyone :)

I had great time at the Rocks. I saw tons of Giant Stone Crab, however, I was too scared to reach in and get them. I was so mad at myself. I tried forever to get them out of there friggin holes, but no luck.

Next time....it on!!

Michelle, care for a local dive just for crab - maybe some night this week after work?

Next time....it on!!

You should proceed with caution.
I just stick my hand on them and try to turn them in their hole so I can grab them by the "elbow" in their claw. This way you only have one claw that is able to pinch you. Carefully work it out of the hole keeping the crab against the side or bottom of the hole to keep the other claw trapped and unable to reach you. The crab will try to wedge itself in the hole so you cant pull him out or try to pinch whichever is best for him. Sometimes you will have to dig out the hole to make if big enough for your hand and the crab to come out. Try to get him to a place where you can grab BOTH claws as soon as possible or he will get you.
Generally the rule is, let him go and he will let you go. Well........that was until last weekend at the Spanish Rocks! I had a crab and he was pinching my finger very hard so I let him go expecting him to do the same. He responded by me pulling back by pinching me (on the same finger) with the other claw too! Both the cutter and crusher, Damn that hurt! He finally released me after pushing him back, deeper into his hole. Judging from the size of the claws on my crushed finger he was too small to attempt another grab. ( I generally stick my hand in the holes blind and feel the claw to judge wether it is large enough to take.)
It is all in good fun. Sometimes you win and take the claws.......sometimes you take a good pinch!
Good Luck!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom