Spanish Rocks Yak dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sh@rkW@tcher

supreme yak diver in charge
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Anyone interested in doing a couple of yak dive today @Spanish Rocks? PM me!

I wouldn't waste my time with third pier. I dove it saturday 5-3-08 and It wasn't much. The ledge is in only 8 fsw and not much to see. Limestone and coquina rock with a 18" relief. There were a few fish but no vegitation, corals or sponges. Better left to snorkelers. Spanish rocks was nice as always, but I have seen the viz better(about 5-7 ft). We swam out to the second ledge for the first time and It is a very nice ledge and right were it's supposed to be 50 yards west of the first ledge in about 17 fsw.

I'm interested in yak diving but haven't commited to the yak equipment. I haven't completed my profile but am based in Bonita Springs just south of you. I am also in my second career first in Hospitality, now IT consulting and sales Enterprise Identity Management.

One of my former Professors consulted in Aquaculture at Mote. My main dive buddy moved recently so I am looking to connect with folks of like mind and skills. I have underwater photography equip and Naui advanced/ Nitrox cert.

I'm overdue for a dive trip; last dive was in Islamorada on Thanksgiving. Let me know if you are diving I'll travel on weekends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom