Spare Air Bottles- Mini's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do These Bottles Have To Be Hydro Tested And Vip'ed Like Normal Cylinders?
Please don't go with a spare air, for anything under 60ft they are virtually useless. Made this mistake myself, but yes they are like a normal cylinder.

Do These Bottles Have To Be Hydro Tested And Vip'ed Like Normal Cylinders?

Not if you refill them yourself...:D:D

Not totally useless. Keep one in the glove box of your car in case you accidentally drive it into a lake and need 3 or 4 breaths to find your way out.

lol @ SparticleBrane's post repair.

Not totally useless. Keep one in the glove box of your car in case you accidentally drive it into a lake and need 3 or 4 breaths to find your way out.

I use one to blow the pretzel crumbs out of my keyboard:rofl3:

You don't think those same "3 or 4 breaths" could get you thru an ESA from about 100 ft? Spare air is not a very good solution to the "problem" of emergency gas in scuba - but it is better than nothing. You should look at all the solutions and their advantages and disadvantages before you decide what redundency is right for you.

You don't think those same "3 or 4 breaths" could get you thru an ESA from about 100 ft? Spare air is not a very good solution to the "problem" of emergency gas in scuba - but it is better than nothing. You should look at all the solutions and their advantages and disadvantages before you decide what redundency is right for you.

Shhhh, the master of SB group-think has decided that Spare Air is worthless. Therefore it has no worth. I think to say otherwise just might violate the TOS. :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom