Spare Air NITROX?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Think bigger.

Spare Air in space!

"Can I get back from the Kuiper Belt on 3cf?? Well, what if I also breathed from my BC then??"

For when you have to BO below 220' and just need a few breaths to make it to the surface! :D

For that you need "Spare-Ascent". It's a small surplus JATO bottle that you attach to your backplate, you just position yourself pointing at the surface, pull your arms in tight and pull the cord. An extra benefit is that after you broach the surface, it's easy for you to spot the boat from 50 foot in the air... Just need a good lawyer to handle any liability claims against it.

You know any?

Steve

For that you need "Spare-Ascent". It's a small surplus JATO bottle that you attach to your backplate, you just position yourself pointing at the surface, pull your arms in tight and pull the cord. An extra benefit is that after you broach the surface, it's easy for you to spot the boat from 50 foot in the air...

Yeah, already have one of those: LDG-Genesis-4.jpg

Just need a good lawyer to handle any liability claims against it.

You know any?

Nope, not a one :whistling:

That's why you need Spare Air doubles!
spare-air-doubles.jpg

We need it rigged for sidemount, though. That way you can squeeze through restrictions better when cave diving with spare air.

Nothing more but a sales gimmick, hoping that those who bought the regular one will buy another "Nitrox" version when diving Nitrox.

I think all "SpareAir" is just gimmickry. Unnecessaryin recreational diving if you plan your dive, maintain your gear, and dive with a buddy.
DivemasterDennis

I think all "SpareAir" is just gimmickry. Unnecessaryin recreational diving if you plan your dive, maintain your gear, and dive with a buddy.
DivemasterDennis

Do you include 20 and 40cf pony bottles in that, or just the tiny brand name "SpareAir" bottles?

Back
Top Bottom