Spearfisher encounter with Great White of FL east coast.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, but it's nice when you can track one and get your hopes up. She doubled back towards Islamorada yesterday morning ...

Of course, in any case it's been eight years since my last run on the Spiegel. That's excuse enough to brave the tourons on Useless 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope you have a good dive. I've never dove the Spiegel as most of my diving is in WPB and Jupiter. My brother-in-law wants me to do the dive with Randy....I'm still working up to that. I'll have my newly certified 13 yr-old son diving with me this next trip so that is out when I get down there. It'll be JDC and Narcosis for us, and some time at the BHB.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

threads merged...

Hope you have a good dive. I've never dove the Spiegel as most of my diving is in WPB and Jupiter. My brother-in-law wants me to do the dive with Randy....I'm still working up to that. I'll have my newly certified 13 yr-old son diving with me this next trip so that is out when I get down there. It'll be JDC and Narcosis for us, and some time at the BHB.

Historically I've actually preferred the Duane (if it was an option, I would have gone there on this run instead of the Spiegel). I've seen more life on the Duane, including a green turtle I once found taking a nap behind the bridge. Still, the Spiegel a spectacular dive site; you can't see the whole thing on just one dive. Some easy swim-throughs on the upper decks if that's your thing. Personally my view is that unless there's fish on it I don't care how impressive a sunk boat looks.

I can't say you're missing too much by staying up in Jupiter and West Palm - some of the best diving in the world, in my opinion.

Latest position on Katharine has her making a beeline for Key West - as of 11:30 she was at the outer reef line off Boca Chica. I'll say that for the NAS Key West guys, today might be an *exceptionally* bad day to end up in the drink.

---------- Post added May 27th, 2014 at 05:18 PM ----------

And as of 4:27 PM it looks like she was right on the Cayman Salvager. At one point her tag was transmitting from about 4 nm SSE of Smathers Beach in about 24 feet of water, inside the reef line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom