Spec Boot For Mk-15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I made and have molds for MK10s and MK5s. MK10 molds are copies of the OEM boot. MK5s are my design. I personally have not tested the MK10s - as at the time I did not own any. I have tested the MK5s with sea water packing several times with no change in performance or IP. I did take a IP gauge down on one dive. Compatibility with standard packing grease is still unknown.

I consider the molds and materials a success. I do have a little side business, but am not sure I want to sell scuba regulator parts (liability and all). I just sent Couv the 2 MK10 boots I

I hear you about the liability.
Well, my little bicycle tire boot outs still working just fine three years into my experiment. I haven't serviced the reg I all that time and it still locks up perfectly.
But if you ever make any more for the Mk 10, I'll even pay a lawyer to draft you up an iron clad Release of Liability. :happywave:

Thanks for your quick reply

I just sent Couv the 2 MK10 boots I

Here is one installed on my #1 single hose regulator setup-it looks great. Yes, it's packed with a million dollars worth of O2 safe grease and the boot flexes out when pressurized. I haven't tested it on a dive, but the packed chamber and boot did not affect the IP. I'll report back after testing.

Thank you Tigger!
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG

Last edited:
Major shop recall for me, dry for a while afterward...
It must be hell when you get old.....get well soon and come back swinging.

I'm amazed at my body's rapid decline over the past 5 years I went from being a dynamo to a toy with flat batteries. My eye sight is failing the fastest followed by a general lack of energy. Always tired but can't sleep. Oh well, that's life I guess. As long I can still dress myself, kind of keep up with my young son and still get from the carpark to the water with a tank on my back I'll keep my complaining to a minimum. It could always be worse, much worse...take care people. Cheers.

I'm amazed at my body's rapid decline over the past 5 years I went from being a dynamo to a toy with flat batteries. My eye sight is failing the fastest followed by a general lack of energy. Always tired but can't sleep.
I think you just described me. :( Decline in strength and endurance. Increase in injuries. Chronic daily aches and pains. Its more than just a little bit scary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom