Special Drawing for SPI Music Festival and a Free dive on the Texas Clipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mack Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The South Padre Island Music Festival is scheduled for October 31 - November 2. Details on the music festival can be found at www.spimusicfest.com. I've been approached by a fellow Swamper to host a very special drawing.

One lucky winner will be awarded a package that includes two (2) 3 day passes to the music festival and a dive for 2 to the Texas Clipper, aboard Diver 1, with American Diving. The winner is responsible for arranging transportation, meals and lodging.

To get the most out of the dives, the divers should be certified as both advanced and nitrox, at a minimum. You can do the dives on air, but you will have less bottom time unless you are an air hog. Please check with American Diving for specific requirements regarding divers.

I don't know if anyone associated with Oak Hill Scuba is interested in the drawing, so I'm not going to prohibit them from entering. The production company and American Diving have their own rules regarding their associates. To keep things as fair as possible, I'll try to come up with some random way for the winner to be drawn, so as to keep things as fair as possible. If necessary, I'll take a bowl with all the names over to the bar next door and have one of their patrons draw the winner.

I think it only fair that entries should be limited to official members of the Texas Swamp Divers, but I'm not sure I can control that aspect. :D Here are the rules, such as they are. If you don't like them, then don't enter.

1. To enter into the drawing, send an email to: info@oakhillscuba.com with the subject heading of SPI Music Fest. In the body of the message, be sure to include your name, address and phone number, as well as your scubaboard.com name. PM entries are not allowed.
2. Limit one (1) entry per person. If you try to enter multiple times, I might accidentally delete the original entry along with the duplicates, and you'll be out of luck.
3. Oak Hill Scuba, its principles and or assigns is not responsible for entries not received.
4. The deadline for entries is midnight, October 14th.
5. The drawing will be held on October 15th and the winner will be notified via email, and announced in this thread.
6. The winner is responsible for all transportation, meals, lodging and any equipment rental associated with the dives.
7. No prize substitutions allowed.
8. If you want to exchange the music festival tickets for more dives, gear or anything else, see rule #7.
9. If you want to exchange the dives for additional passes to the music festival, see rule #7.
10. Oak Hill Scuba, its principles and/or assigns are not responsible. Basically, if anything happens that causes this event or the dive trip to fall short of your expectations, we had nothing to do with it and take no responsibility.
11. The odds of winning depend on how many entries are received. Regardless of whether or not you win, see rule # 10.

Special thanks to the South Padre Island Music Festival, American Diving and anyone else who contributed to this neat opportunity.

Lets keep this fun. Good luck and may the lucky diver win. :D

Hey Mack, did you get your attorney to prepare those rules? I like them. I was responsible for a giveaway at an event and I prepared rules quite similar to yours. :)

Willie

Hey Willie.

I made up the rules all by myself. A friend suggested I add something about death or dismemberment and I said see rule # 10.

Anyway, we're off to a gre4at start, with several entries. I'm trying to reply to each entry sent in, so if you sent an entry and did not get a reply, try again.

Just keeping this post up near the top since no mods have made it a sticky yet. The festival is sure to be a good one. Acts include Willie Nelson, Los Lonely Boys, Ghostland Observatory, Foghat, Blue Oyster Cult and more. Music for all ages and tastes. Not to mentions the diving. Can't beat a free trip out to the Clipper!

5 more days! If you haven't signed up, do so now. Maybe you can go verify this crack for yourself (and all of us).

You know ..... the 15th is my birthday. Can't think of a better present.:wink: Haven't seen Willie in years and have not dove the clipper yet..........

You know ..... the 15th is my birthday. Can't think of a better present.:wink: Haven't seen Willie in years and have not dove the clipper yet..........

I'm rootin' for you Dan.

The other Willie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom