Special screws for attaching Mako knife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dunx

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently purchased a new GO BC, and realized that my knife is a Scubapro Mako...so I'm looking forward to being able to attach it to my BC. Here's my question - did my knife come with special screws to attach it to the grommets on my BC? And secondly, since I bought my knife years ago, where can I get replacement screws? Or thirdly, can I use any old nuts and bolts that fit....which material won't rust?
thanks

---------- Post added March 14th, 2013 at 12:57 AM ----------

I figured out the it's the White Tip knife that has the holes for the screws...but the sheaths look almost the same except for that. I might take the strap off the Mako, drill holes through the plastic sheath and attach through the grommets with stainless nuts/bolts.

Seems like you may have figured it out by now, but I have your answer. I had the same issue of attaching the Mako to the GO BC. There was another thread that showed how to do this (with photos). ScubaPro does sell a bolt kit to attach a knife to a BC. The same bolt kit used for the White-tip. It is as easy as lining up the sheath to the BC holes and drilling small holes in the plastic that is used to hold the leg straps. I would suggest using a lock nut as they have rounded edges, protecting the BC material

Hey - thanks - and yeah i did exactly that and it works like a charm. In fact, the mako sheath actually had a little handy circle in the plastic where the whole should be. Got some rounded stainless lock nuts, fits nice and snug.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom